You’ve probably been planning your wedding day months ahead and because of the Covid situation you might had to postpone your big day. I’m writing this post for my future couples to have some more ideas and options to get married during this pandemic.
Have you ever heard of an elopement? What is an elopement?
To elope, most literally, means to run away and to not come back to the point of origin. More colloquially, elopement is often used to refer to a marriage conducted in sudden and secretive fashion, usually involving a hurried flight away from one’s place of residence together with one’s beloved with the intention of getting married. (Source Wikipedia)
Nowadays an elopement can have many meanings, but it is a wedding however. To me an elopement means: an intimate wedding ( min. 2 and max. 25 guests) with the love of your life and your closest friends and family, where you experience a unique day where you as a couple are the main protagonists.
How could an elopement day look like?
I’ve set up an example of a full day elopement timeline to give you some ideas. It has to be an experience to remember, so fill it up with activities you like the most. What do you love to do? What is your favorite season of the year? Do you prefer a fancy resort or rather staying outdoors and stargaze on a beautiful summer night around a bonfire? Do you prefer the lake or the sea, mountains or city? Everything is possible, as it is your day and you can decide what you would like to do.
Elopement in Italy
- 11.00 a.m. get dressed and first look at private villa.
- 12.00 p.m. road trip amongst beautiful landscapes in a Fiat 500, with your favorite music. You will enjoy a breathtaking scenery and have a few stops while enjoying your picnick.
- 14.00 p.m. Exchange your vows at The church of Madonna della Pieta near Rocca Calascio, where your family and friends will await you.
- 15.00 p.m. toast with bubbles.
- 15.30 p.m. couple portraits.
- 17.00 p.m. wine tasting with Italian antipasti at Agricola.
- 19.00 p.m. drive back to private villa to rest and freshen up.
- 20.00 p.m. diner with family and friends cooked by an Italian private Chef accompanied with some acoustic music.
- 23.00 pm. ending evening with grappa & limoncello and guitars will be available for who would like to play.
An elopement can be of endless ideas. It gives you the opportunity to get married although this pandemic. You can choose a meaningful place to you and we can help you to create an awesome experience by planning your elopement day. A day you want it to be without limits.
Should you have any more questions about elopements feel free to drop us a line.